Thursday, February 7, 2008

retro rewind

See, I'm driving in my car and think of all these great things to write about. Now, nothing. Go figure. I think my problem is that I've been watching too many Sex and the City reruns lately, and in my head I'm Carrie Bradshaw. Stop me when I start narrating out loud.

My latest addiction is 80's/90's music... specifically borrowing them from the library. So, last week I reqeusted (oh yeah!) Madonna's True Blue and Cyndi Lauper's True Colors. These were *quitessential* to my youth. I got True Blue from my best friend Kristen (I think!) for my 11th birthday, and listened to it non-stop for about two years (along with Footloose and Janet Jackson). Seriously, with my spiral perm and banana clips, I had a brush (I could put hair spray in the spray tip) that we would SO use as a microphone. On Friday nights, Kris and I would poof up the hair, throw on our leggings and jean jackets, and we WERE Madonna. Yeah, so I picked it up today, and ohmygoodness, it was like 80's disco in my car! I haven't heard these in years! So... if any of you have any good suggestions let me know! I'm sure the boys will be sick of Papa don't Preach in a day or so.

(This makes me so old, doesn't it??)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Can you say Rhythm Nation?