I just spent an HOUR on the phone with H&R Block, only to find out there IS NO PROBLEM with my return on their end; and everything is correct on the IRS end as well. Apparently, there are always a few people every year who have this problem; even though everything is correct and social security numbers match up, there is red tape and you can't e-file again. So, now, not only can I NOT e-file this year, I probably won't be able to e-file again, which really sucks. They suggested I call the IRS to see if they could fix the problem so it wouldn't happen again next year, but couldn't guarantee anything.
Second, can I just say, even though I don't make a lot of money (and H&R Block knows that now that they've seen my return), I AM NOT STUPID! I've been through the same H&R Block tax course these people have, and I've even prepared other people's tax returns for FIVE years now. Yes, I am a single parent. Yes, I claim the EIC. Yes, I'm from Indiana, and Yes, I made pitiful pay last year. I still have a college degree, including a few accounting classes. Quit treating me like I'm the dumbest thing that just crawled out from under a rock to file my taxes... only to return back to my rock until next filing season.
Okay. I'm done. Just had to vent.
Oh, wait? Do you hear that? I hear a bottle of reisling calling my name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'd skip the Riesling and head for something stronger!
Post a Comment