Saturday, September 13, 2008

underwhelmed

I guess it's better than being overwhelmed.

This is the first time I've been caught up on photo work since probably May... I don't know what to do with my time! Today I took the boys to Goodwill, and on the way home we spontaneously stopped at the playground for about an hour. Evan had A LOT of energy that needed to be expended. We came home, had lunch, took a little nap, and watched Purdue lose in double overtime. Lauren called from work, asked what I was going to make for dinner, and I made dinner. As soon as I finished, Lauren walked in with dinner as well. Pet peeve. Oh well.

I'll tell you what... I need to get off of Ebay! Extra time translates to STUPID searches on ebay... and ridiculous bids. I'll be in the shower (where I do my best thinking) and wonder, I wonder if they sell that on ebay. Like fabric softener (since I've forgotten to pick it up the last trips to the store). I typed in boyfriend one time. You can bid on a boyfriend on ebay. I'll put that on the back burner. I love holiday shopping year round (it makes things much easier in December and I can justify my spending during the year!); ebay is not making it any less tempting.

Ooh, here's an unfunny story. I colored my hair at the beginning of August. It was this really pretty golden brown. So, since my roots are nasty, I decided to try it again (stupid move #1) on Thursday night (stupid move #2). Lauren and the boys were watching a movie downstairs, so I headed up to work on the mop. I colored it, rinsed it out and threw a towel on it. Done.

Remember that scene in Grease when someone takes the towel off of Didi's head (Didi, right?) and her hair is purple? Ding ding ding!... except mine was black. Witch black. Goth princess black. BLACK. I didn't realize it (it was in the towel) until Lauren came in and asked what the hell happened to my hair. I figured he was being himself, then I looked in the mirror to discover my fate.

I'm not usually one to panic. I started to panic.

Logic says that even the permanent stuff fades after a few days, so my next move was to wash my hair. I washed it no less than SEVEN times between 9:00 Thursday night and 6:30 Friday morning. It took the edge off (you can see hints of brown now), but it's still way dark. If I could have worn a ball cap Friday to work, that would have been the day.

I don't like to keep my hair the same for long. I've had my fair share of bad haircuts and weird colors, and I can always tell when I find a bad one. When I got to work, people will stare and be like, "you colored your hair." No "it looks nice" or "I like it," just "you colored your hair." There were a few kind people who said they liked it, but one guy was like, "You colored your hair. Are you having some kind of a crisis?"

One of the moms at daycare is a beautician. She said to mix shampoo with dawn detergent, and that will help strip the color. I've done it twice now, but it hasn't helped much. I guess I'm just getting ready for Halloween early.

2 comments:

Megan said...

ooo pictures pictures. I wanna see goth witchy black melissa!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! By the way, the girl in Grease was Frenchy. :)