Monday, September 15, 2008

from the mouths of babes

We have a "pet" kitten - I'm pretty sure it's a stray in the neighborhood, and I'm a softy. Sometimes. We may have two - one larger black cat that likes to sleep on our porch chairs, and a new cat on the block, the kitten.

I just thought it was funny - I asked Evan what the cat's name was, and he called him 'Kittysaurus.' Pretty good for a three-year-old, especially since the kitten is tiny and thin.

Then, here's the profound statement of the weekend... from my son Benjamin, the prophet. We came out of the grocery store the other day - when we entered, it was just windy. When we came out, it had started to rain. So what does Ben say (at full volume)?

"Mommy, it's windy AND rainy? At the same time? That's like when I poop and pee at the same time!"

You can't imagine my pride.

Here's a picture of Ben. He fell asleep way early after school one night last week, before we could even get him ready for bed. :)

1 comment:

RunJuliet said...

Kittysaurus. Love it. Deserves a Cafe Press t-shirt.

I suspect once Ben becomes an adult he will be ruling over us with an amused and brilliant fist.