I'm honestly trying not to complain all the time when I blog, but this is a pet peeve of mine, and I'm hot right now.
It's a nice day out, so I took the boys for a walk. Part of the appeal of this neighborhood is that it is very family friendly, and when it's nice there are a ton of people out walking.
With that being said, there are a lot of very aggressive drivers who tear through here. I'm on a street that is off a busy road (E Washington), and there is a small park (Irving Circle) just north of us, maybe 100 yards. So, while we were on our walk, there was an older man, maybe in his mid sixties, speeding through, fast enough for me to remember his car. As we were crossing the street at the circle we noticed him again - he was headed toward us. He came out of nowhere, and about slid to a stop. I turned around and made eye contact with him and told him to slow down. He rolled down his window, asked what I said, and I said, "You're driving awfully fast through here, you need to slow down." The guy told me to mind my own business, and I told him I was because I was PROTECTING MY CHILDREN. Like, seriously, old man, have a little consideration.
He's got a burgundy sedan, I don't know what make or model. If you see one with eggs on it, it wasn't me. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is one of the worst things about nice weather: people drive faster. And then they act like assholes when they get called out on it.
Another neighbor complained about the teenagers out and about. IMO, they normally try to keep to themselves. I don't fear them. And as long as they aren't doing any damage or cursing so loud that little kids can hear them, I don't fret them.
Post a Comment