Sunday, March 2, 2008

Finally!

Oh my goodness, did you all enjoy the spectacular weather today? I didn't realize how nice it was going to be! I did pictures at 2:00, and walked outside and was amazed! When I got back, I got the boys ready and went for a long walk. We got back and we all wanted to stay outside longer. We never raked the leaves last fall - we wanted to wait until everything had fallen (what's the point of raking every few days?), and by the time everything did, it was snowing. So, now that last fall's leaves are matted into the lawn, I decided to rake today. The boys got their bikes out and got all muddy and dirty - one of the little things you miss in the winter. We even have tulips that are peeking out of the dirt! We found a caterpillar in the leaves and Ben (Superhero wannabe) freaked out. I looked up at one point and counted fifteen people (and five dogs) walking on the street... everyone is finally out of hibernation (until the weather drops again, that is)! We walked to one of the local pizza places down the street and had dinner. I love that today was warm!!

Man, what a nice day. We have the windows open and the fans on to get some fresh air in here. This worked out well today - we decided to do a no-TV day today because the tv watching is getting a little out of hand. I think we should do it every Sunday - it's been kind of nice. So, now we are headed upstairs to read some books and go to bed.

Funny story (it's only funny because I'm in a good mood from the weather) - we had breadsticks with our dinner tonight, and Evan realized that you can sip up marinara through a straw and shoot it out. Luckily, it only got on the table (and a little in Daddy's cup). I am so ready for him to be out of this phase.

:)

No comments: