Wednesday, March 19, 2008

updates

Just tying up a few loose ends.

Grandpa: Still in the hospital. He went in Jan 21 for an outpatient shoulder surgery, and has had quite a few problems since then. He did stop breathing a few days after surgery, then was diagnosed with diabetes, had a mild heart attack, and now has to have his gall bladder out (maybe). He was also addicted to sleeping pills and went through a pretty violent rehab. He's actually in St. Seton now, which is kind of a halfway house between the hospital and being back on his own.

Diet: hahahahahahahahahahaha It was a good joke, wasn't it?

Swimsuit: Bought a speedo (function not fashion), and I'm fully convinced that I look like an egg in it. It sucks everything in really well, but reshapes everything as well. We took the kids to a water park last weekend, and while I was self-conscious, I also realized there were far worse swimsuit sins being committed than was I was doing. FAR worse. Maybe it will inspire a diet... probably not, though.

Books I'm reading: Hmm... Since I have about no time to read anymore, I started reading a Patricia Cornwell novel a few weeks ago, and haven't made it very far. When I was single (and loving it), I could finish one of her books in a day or two. I think the book is due back on Friday... doubt I'll finish it. The fun news is that someone at work connected the dots for me... I love reading but never have time, and I can listen to my MP3 player at work, but was bored with my music. Ding ding ding! Books on CD! I'm listening to the unabridged version of Wicked (it's like 20 hours long), so I'm doing anywhere from 1-3 hours a day (depending on how much I really need to concentrate on what I'm doing). I LOVE it! I have a few other books to scan in... one by Sophie Kinsella (Bridget Jones-ish) and one by David Sedaris (comic). It's a whole new world!

Work: I'm working for Indiana Health Centers, doing A/P and Payroll. Everyone is pretty nice and the hours are pretty flexible. I'm still a temp, but they told me they'd like to have me on permanently by the end of the month. The company is in Castleton, it's a non-profit organization (what I originally wanted to do with my degree), and I'll be doing payroll, which is kinda HR-related (my degree). It also will pay pretty well and provide good benefits, which is always a plus.

Shopping: I've done way too much lately. I keep finding good deals on stuff, though! Garage sale season is right around the corner... DANGER!

Boys: My boys are doing well. We're all SO ready for spring! We all just had the flu or something like it, and we're all mostly over it.

:)

No comments: