So we've finally gotten the flu, or something like it. When I say "we," what I really mean is that the boys have it now, and I will have it soon. Poor Evan has had a fever for a few days, and today spent all day sleeping. So, loving my son like I do, I decided to build a fire for him in the fireplace. We just got a new batch of firewood, and for some reason, it's very smoky. Most of it is being drawn up into the chimney, but now the whole house smells like campfire. And, like I said, a little goes a long way. I've got the fans on, candles burning, and I put the fire out (I only let it burn a few minutes). Now we're headed upstairs so I can open the windows down here and let in the 20 degree air. Lovely. It's overwhelming, really. Nauseating.
We're watching Spiderman 2. It really is a good movie.
I've realized after blogging for a few months that I don't really write much with any substance. I used to write every day - I kept journals starting when I was about 14, and wrote all the time until I had Ben. Funny things happen when you have kids... I went from writing about philosophy and religion to writing about things like poo and juice boxes. It's all part of the job I guess, eh?
I ended up getting a back up camera, a refurbished Nikon D50. It's nice because the batteries/charger/lenses are all compatible with what I have now, and I got it for a very reasonable price. I also have a new backdrop coming in the next few days - it's a white vinyl one (the ones where you can't tell where the wall blends into the floor) and I'm super excited about trying it out. I got my D70 cleaned up and learned how to do a sensor cleaning, so now it's in good condition again. I'm excited! :)
I need to go mop up some snot. Have a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment