About a month ago, I got this random call from my old boss, to whom I haven't spoken in years. I used to babysit her daughter, and she called to inquire about doing pictures of her.
So, the daughter is a grown woman now, and wanted some photos (of a sensitive nature!) to make a calendar for her fiance. This is what I spent the morning doing.
The girl is 20, with long, curly hair, and she was a gymnast for a long time. Needless to say, she's GORGEOUS. She had everything planned out - a theme for every month - and brought a carload of props (including cupcakes for his birthday month, an American flag (and garter) for July, and my favorite... a taxidermied turkey that he caught. He's a hunter.) No joke. I had a real, dead stuffed turkey in my studio. It was a first!
OHMYGOODNESS. As weird as it sounds, it was a lot of fun. Her mom even came and helped her pose. She knew exactly what she wanted, and she did a fantastic job. I just uploaded the pictures to my PC, and I'm weirded out to say that these are some of my favorite pictures EVER! Unfortunately, this is the one set of pictures I can't share with the world! Boys: don't even ask. I won't do it.
I was taken aback a little that her mom was so open, and involved, in this process. My mother found out my cousin (who is happily married) was having an adult "toy" party, and she was disgusted. This girl's mom was uncovering her because she wasn't showing enough. Mom and daughter have matching tattoos.
So, all in all, it was an interesting day. A learning experience. And someone has some kick ass pictures to give to her husband!
(Still a little weirded out.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment