Sunday, August 24, 2008

dirty feet

We always say that when the boys have dirty feet, it's been a fun day.

We had a lot of fun this weekend. Yesterday we went to the Festival of Lanterns at Spades Park. It was really interesting - there were hundreds of colored lanterns strung across the park, and they lit them all about 9:00 last night. They had food vendors and crafts booths and live music. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band played as it got dark; if you ever have the chance to see them live - go! They look like they walked out of 1850 West Virginia.

Today we went to the Mt. Comfort Air Show, which was amazing also. Afterwards we grabbed some dinner and took our bikes over to Ft. Harrison. Ben, Lauren and his friend Tom all went on a bike ride, and I took Evan to the playground. We brought Evan's bike, but for some reason he wanted to carry it instead of ride it, so he and I hung out on the swings.

So, yeah, the boys fell asleep in the car on the way home. They were filthy! Evan seriously looked like pigpen. I know there won't be time in the morning, so I gave them sponge baths while they were sleeping. Not perfect, but much cleaner.

A fun time was had by all. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the dirty, smelly kids : )