Are you sitting down?
I joined the YMCA. With the intention to (ssh!) exercise (or extercise, as Ben says).
This all started a few weeks ago. Lauren is taking a cooking class, and I thought if he could take a class, I should too. I need something for myself. So, I decided on a knitting class, then realized that's just one more thing that will keep me planted on my arse. I started looking at classes through IUPUI, then thought that I shouldn't have to go that far for aerobics or yoga or whatever. So, I ended up at the Y.
I have been a member since Friday, and have been three times now.
This is not a new year's resolution. NYR's are cheesy and cliche and, besides that, I suck at them. Okay, well it kind of is a NYR because I just started being 33. And wierd, old people things are happening to me. Like, my hair is not only turning gray, it's getting wavy and wirey and crap. I keep finding these hairs that look like I crimped them back in the 80's and they're just now showing up. And I'm freaking tired all the time. Hello, tangent.
So if any of my four readers belong to the Y... feel free to come along and watch me struggle through a workout. It should be good for a laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm in there weekday mornings around 6am. Feel free to join me.
You crack me up. Good job! I'm proud of you! :)
I can help with the knitting lessons, if you want...
Post a Comment