Friday, October 3, 2008

again.

It's 1:23 AM. Ben was sick last Friday night (ALL night) and i stayed up (ALL night) with him. Saturday was uneventful, then Evan and Lauren caught it Sunday, and I was up again ALL night Sunday with them. I went to work Monday, and have slowly caught up on sleep.

So here it is, Friday at 1:23 am, and Ben got sick about two hours ago. I tried negotiating with Lauren to get him to take this shift (I'm 3-0 now), but he broke a tooth yesterday and has a dentists appt tomorrow. I do have to work tomorrow. I have another month until I'm eligible for personal or vacation time, and if I have unpaid time off, I lose my quarterly bonus (which I am really looking forward to). I can't sleep if I know someone is sick, so I may just blog for a while. I'm catching up on my Ace of Cakes. It looks like I may have to miss work. Luckily my work schedule is pretty slow for tomorrow.

Seriously, is my sleep not as important as Lauren's? I'm sorry; I'm tired and cranky and just don't want to do this again. I'm not up for an all nighter again. I just want some sleep. I'm shooting a wedding on Saturday and Lauren is working Sunday, so I'm not going to have a lot of 'do nothing' time this weekend. Plus, we did about a trillion loads of laundry last weekend and none of it has been folded or put away yet. Also, I'd prefer not to be worn out at the beginning of the wedding... I'm always worn out by the end of the day anyway.

I'm so over this stomach flu.

The good news from today is that the car guys looked at my car today and there was a piece of plastic that had gotten lodged into something (I guess it was road debris). The auto guy removed it and the car is fine. $40. I was expecting $500-$1000. This is an unbelievable relief.

Argh. I can't wait for this to be over.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Aw, bunny... I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. If it helps, that's the way it goes at our house, too. I want to be a guy in my next life. I swear. And YAY for cheap car repair. :)