
So, I am leaving for Paducah, KY on Friday... my dear friend Ali and I are going to see Wicked in St. Louis on Sunday afternoon.
Can I tell you how excited I am? I am going to have, like, three nights where I get to sleep BY MYSELF (!!!)... that means no chunky toddler legs kicking me, no one peeing on me in the middle of the night, no night terrors, no Evan Siren going off in the middle of the night because he wants water... just sleep. I can't wait! Plus, I get to see Ali (I'm very excited!) whom I haven't seen since May, and before that I hadn't seen her since high school (1994ish)... so I am freaking excited. And, of course, we have tickets to Wicked, the show I have wanted to see since, like, 2003 when I saw Idina Menzel all over the news for her portrayal of Elphaba and when she fell into the orchestra on the night before her final night. Hello, run-on sentence! I have listened to that soundtrack probably hundreds of times... it's one of those things where I know it word for word, but I can't wait to see how it all comes together on stage. I love it!
The bottom line is, I am freaking excited!!!
I just ate an orange, and Evan is licking my face. Eww. Evan's new trick is that he says he wants to kiss you, then licks you. I don't know where he picked it up, but it's disgusting. Boys are gross. Lauren asked me if girls ever grow out of that 'boys are gross' phase. I told him no, because boys don't ever stop being gross. Our house feels like a frat house 24/7. It's always bodily functions and noises and smells and byproducts.
We (I) have to take Evan to his pediatrician on Friday to be screened for diabetes. Both Lauren and I have it in our families, while neither of us show any symptoms. Evan drinks a ton and goes through diapers in no time, and has this odor that won't go away (I swear we bathe him and brush his teeth). All three are symptoms of diabetes, so it's off to Dr. Kelley's again. I hope my little man is okay!
Okay, I'll babble more later. I'm tired! Time for bed!
Can I tell you how excited I am? I am going to have, like, three nights where I get to sleep BY MYSELF (!!!)... that means no chunky toddler legs kicking me, no one peeing on me in the middle of the night, no night terrors, no Evan Siren going off in the middle of the night because he wants water... just sleep. I can't wait! Plus, I get to see Ali (I'm very excited!) whom I haven't seen since May, and before that I hadn't seen her since high school (1994ish)... so I am freaking excited. And, of course, we have tickets to Wicked, the show I have wanted to see since, like, 2003 when I saw Idina Menzel all over the news for her portrayal of Elphaba and when she fell into the orchestra on the night before her final night. Hello, run-on sentence! I have listened to that soundtrack probably hundreds of times... it's one of those things where I know it word for word, but I can't wait to see how it all comes together on stage. I love it!
The bottom line is, I am freaking excited!!!
I just ate an orange, and Evan is licking my face. Eww. Evan's new trick is that he says he wants to kiss you, then licks you. I don't know where he picked it up, but it's disgusting. Boys are gross. Lauren asked me if girls ever grow out of that 'boys are gross' phase. I told him no, because boys don't ever stop being gross. Our house feels like a frat house 24/7. It's always bodily functions and noises and smells and byproducts.
We (I) have to take Evan to his pediatrician on Friday to be screened for diabetes. Both Lauren and I have it in our families, while neither of us show any symptoms. Evan drinks a ton and goes through diapers in no time, and has this odor that won't go away (I swear we bathe him and brush his teeth). All three are symptoms of diabetes, so it's off to Dr. Kelley's again. I hope my little man is okay!
Okay, I'll babble more later. I'm tired! Time for bed!

2 comments:
I am so glad to find you here! I am addicted to blogging-both reading and writing. It's so much better than talking to people in real life! ; )
It's fun to hear about the funny things that other people's kids do. Then I don't feel so crazy!!!!!
Wicked was awesome! I have wore people out telling them about it! And seeing you was great too, even though it was only for like 36 hours:)! Another trip soon!!!! I can't believe you superglued your fingers together!?!?!? You are crazy! Love you!
Post a Comment