Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas

I was going to do a 2007-year-in-review, but don't really feel like it now. First things first... Christmas.

Christmas was pretty good. We've all been going non-stop for weeks leading up to Christmas, so the goal was to stay home and have a relaxing day. And, we did, for the most part. Lauren and I both bought our own set of gifts for the boys, and although every year we discuss materialism and trying to do "small" Christmases, it's only worked that way once. Last year, we moved into the new-old house 9 days before Christmas, so it was a miracle that we even got the tree up. This year Lauren decided to treat us all to a DVD projector and large movie screen... because we need another reason to sit our asses on the couch! We doubled our DVD collection (which wasn't hard to do!) and, while it is a little much, it's really awesome. :) We watched The Goonies on the big screen with popcorn and a fire in the fireplace, and I must say it was very fun. The best part is now our schedules have slowed down considerably, and we can have people over to enjoy movies with us! (Please feel free to invite yourself over :) )

This was the first year that Ben really got uber-excited about Christmas. It was a blast. On Monday, we kept the boys from their afternoon naps... and it worked! They were both asleep early, which gave us time to wrap. Of course, come 6:30 am, Ben was up and jumping around. We carried Evan downstairs (still asleep), and started the festivities. Pictures are to follow... I brought the camera over to download pics, but have the wrong memory card in the cam and I'm too lazy to go get it! My sister and her kids came over around lunch time, and my mom and grandfather were soon after that. They all left around 5, and about 5:15 was when the second wave came in - Lauren's family and friends. By this time we had a good fire going, and kicked back to watch Casino Royale (Lauren is a 007 freak) and ate some homemade french onion soup that the fam brought over. Yum. Evan crashed for the night around 7 (no nap) and Ben was out around 8... we didn't last much longer than that either.

Ben got a Vidster kid's video camera, which has its quirks, but is fun when it's working correctly. I will have to edit some movies and post them on here... when I have time to procrastinate, that is. (Right now I have taxes/pictures to work on, which is why I'm here writing. Catching up on Grey's Anatomy on abc.com is next...)

2 comments:

RunJuliet said...

so glad you had a good christmas! have a great new year too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great christmas. Very cozy and family oriented which is what it is all about! I love you!