Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, that was a fun night!

Oh, the drama never ends in our home.

Last night, about 9 pm, I had the kids in the bath, the lights flickered, and the power went out. Mind you, it was 1 DEGREE outside. Evan got a little scared after I lit some candles, but we told them it was a little like camping. We lit a few candles and read some books, and all snuggled in our bed together. We had our comforter and grabbed the old down comforter out of the closet, and kept pretty warm.

Both Ben and Evan have some kind of cold thing going on. Last week Evan had a really nasty, persistent cough and passed it off to Ben this weekend. Evan now just has a green snotty runny nose. Ben also has a violent cough right now. Yesterday morning he was coughing so hard that it made him vomit. Last night, as we were all snug in our bed (with visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads), Ben started coughing in his sleep and threw up. A lot. All over everything and everyone. And we couldn't even turn on the lighs to clean up. So, we moved Evan to his bed (not realizing he, too, was covered), stripped the sheets, and got back to sleep. At this point, it was around midnight and 58 degrees in the house. Luckily, that was the only puke of the night, and the power came on around 3:30 this morning.

Seeing that both the boys were sick and there is vomit on two comforters, one set of sheets and mattress pad, two pillows and two other blankets (not to mention the boys), I decided to stay home from work today. I had loads of laundry both in the washer and the dryer when the power went out, so I restarted those this morning so I can do even more laundry. And to think I was only a load away from being caught up! Oh well. The boys have had (another) bath, as have I, so we're starting out in pretty good shape.

Oy vay.

No comments: