Two weeks ago, it was styrofoam. Today, shampoo.
Right now, our dining room is completely torn up. The hideous wallpaper has been stripped and the walls have been repaired, now we just need to size the walls and they'll be ready to wallpaper. Anyhoo, normally when I make meals for us, if it's just the boys and I at home, I will have them play in the living room or dining room (the dining room is between the living room and kitchen) so that I can see/hear them. Today, it wasn't an option, as the dining room is sealed off and everything downstairs is covered in plaster dust. So, I left the boys upstairs playing while I went down to make lunch. Ben comes down screaming that "Evan's in trouble," which in Benspeak could mean anything from "Evan took the blanket off the bed" to "Evan's head has popped off and there is blood gushing everywhere." So, while I was trying to decipher what Ben actually meant, Evan sat upstairs emptying a NEW bottle of shampoo into the carpet.
Like, please, can I catch a little break??
I realize it's just shampoo - I know it doesn't really hurt the carpet, and it won't stain. It's just a pain in the ass to clean up! Half the bottle was in the carpet in the hallway, and the other half was in the carpet in their bedroom. Argh.
As a side note, you don't do this to a girl on her first full day of a diet - I wasn't well equipped to handle this! All I had eaten was an apple and a piece of string cheese. Please!
So, Evan went into timeout for a while as I spent, oh yes, an hour and two carpet cleaners to get (hopefully) all the coconut shampoo out of the carpet. They're quietly eating lunch in my room right now, and will be down for a nap in a few minutes. After I strap Evan in a straight jacket in his bed and he's drugged and sleeping, I will think about taking a shower. We all know how that works! Then I'm going to drink a bottle of vodka (it's 1.5 points a serving! Score!) and a 2L of diet coke. It should fulfill my requirements for the day and take the edge off.
(I am just kidding about the straight jacket and alcohol.)
(Maybe.)
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment