Tuesday, January 29, 2008

work

AAAARRRRHHGGGGHHHH!!!

Okay. So I've been working a temp job for the past few weeks... two and a half, to be exact. They told me it would be a 3-4 week project, 32-40 hours a week. On my first day they told me it would be Monday through Thursday (aka 32 hours), which was fine because it paid a little more than what I've been making lately. My main reason for being there was to help them get tax documents out (W-2's and state/local paperwork) while they did the other end of the year junk.

So, I finished up W-2's last week and the state/local papers today. I gave all the files to my supervisor, she told me that they were caught up now and I could go home for the day (this was at 2:30). I got home and there was a message from the temp agency, and they have no more work for me and I'm done.

Like, boom, I'm done. I have no more work. I was expecting to work through the end of this week atleast. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be at home with the boys anyway, but I'm just tired of all these jobs that NEVER live up to what they're supposed to be.

I got an email today from Kelly Services - they do standardized test scoring (ISTEP, other states' comparable tests). It pays okay, it's boring as heck, but it's better than nothing. I start that in March... so until then... who knows!

But... the fun thing about the scoring is all the nerds! I SO have a nerd infatuation! All these men with huge brains swarming around... we go to lunch and they talk about history and science and math... seriously a turn on. Seriously. (not that I'm looking) I know, I'm a freak, but I love me some nerds!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Ah, that explains Lauren...

Anonymous said...

You are demented...that must be why I love you so much. I am glad you got a good job, and I have to admit, an educated man is a turn on!! Maybe you can do my next wedding this year... JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Megan said...

I love nerds too! Case in point... Everette... Do you ever watch Big Bang Theory on CBS... funny nerds!