Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tae-Ben

So, I've been really good... so far. I realize it's only the 9th and I started on the 6th, but it's a good start! I've been good about getting my dairy/fruits/vegetables in, and yes, I've even worked out. THREE times! I did the tae-bo tapes twice, and yoga this morning.

First, let's talk yoga. Maybe I just haven't found my center, or whatever bullshit I'm supposed to do for yoga, but it was crap. No heavy breathing, no sweat, just harps and drums and stretching. It felt like that senior woman on PBS who does the wheelchair stretching for nursing homes. I wasn't wearing matching scrunch socks up to my knees, though.

The tae-bo was still good. He started talking roundhouse kick, and I totally felt like Napoleon Dynamite... it's complete now. I did it the other night while the boys were in the tub (I did the 8 minute one), and tonight I dared to do the 30-minute workout WITH the boys... or Tae-Ben.

Ben did a really good job, and, believe it or not, I outlasted the Child Who Never Runs Out of Energy. It was funny - Billy Blanks (BB) would say to pivot your hips, and Ben was like a little hula dancer. Of course, he looked a little effeminate during every other move as well, but I'm just happy that he wanted to do it at all. Evan, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it, except he thought he could punch his brother. It was okay until he started crawling between my legs and wanted to lay down on me when I was laying on the floor. At one point, about 3/4 the way through the workout, he walked up right behind me and I stepped on his foot. Poor guy... so I picked him up and he was okay. He tried it again, and I decided it was time for things to be done.

So, I'm sweaty and stretched for the first time in a while, and it's nice. I haven't had dinner yet - I never want to eat as much AFTER I work out, so now I'm going to try to find something light to much on. :)

No comments: